The Man Behind
Amod Kulkarni is an artist who has donned many hats.
Owner, Musician, Sound Engineer, and Producer, Amod Kulkarni has an experience in the music and recording industry that spans over 15 years. For Amod, music is passion, and he firmly believes that music brings positive energy in life. You can say that Amod grew up in recording studios, by his participation in varied activities, be it arranging or programming music for various films, albums, and corporate jingles, or editing and recording of plays and performances of various theatre groups and dance troupes.
Before setting up Magic Note Studio, Amod was an experienced Sound Engineer in various studios, encompassing responsibilities for a range of functions, including recording, mixing, mastering, maintaining customer relations, and generating business for the studio. With his wealth of knowledge, skills, and unquestionable talent, you can be rest assured that you are in the very best of hands.
As a Tabla player and Percussionis
Amod is an excellent Tabla player and an Indian-Western percussionist. Amod was a disciple of Pandit Suresh Samant. Amod started learning and playing Tabla at an early age. He nurtured this hobby and leveraged it to constantly sharpen his creative edge. Amod has accompanied many accomplished artists.
- Naad-Bramha World Fusion Band by world famous flutist Bikramjit Singh. Amod is associated with the band for over a decade as an Indian-Western percussionist and has travelled all over India and Srilanka.
- Sobaticha Karar: A show of new Marathi Ghazals written by poet Vaibhav Joshi and sung by Dattaprasad Ranade.
- Ghazal Ka Safar: A show of Hindi Ghazals penned by Salim Arif and produced and sung by Dattaprasad Ranade. Amod is associated with this programme as a Tabla player since its kickoff and has travelled to U.S.A. and U.K.
- Melange Music Concert: The programme started by Mahesh Kale in bay area of U.S.A. Whenever this programme was organized in India, Amod accompanied as a Dholaki player. Being associated with this programme, he got an opportunity to travel to Indonesia.
- Baje Murliya: The programme started in 2015 by flutist Sunil Avachat.
Visiting Faculty (Tabla Professor)
Amod believes in continuous learning and there is no better way to learn than to teach. Amod also worked as Tabla Professor at Vishwakarma Institute of Technology (VIT, Pune). Being a musician as well as sound engineer, he utilized his practical knowledge while teaching Tabla.
Amod along with Chinmay Kolhatkar also conducts workshops on sound system basics, music composing and arranging.